Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Mini Marathon

Watched both Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and Kill Bill: Vol. 2 last night -- rated them 8 and 6, respectively. I did appreciate the second half a little more when watching it all together as a whole. But I still feel that the pace slowed down too much. That's one of the things I didn't like about Tarantino's last movie, Jackie Brown -- just too slow. I mean Volume 1 sets this "we're going to be action-packed and have lots of fun" pace, and then Volume 2 turns around with "nah, on second thought, let's slow down and have a bunch of character development". Not that I have anything against character development, but the two halves just dodn't seem to me to fit together seemlessly. And the truth is, as an avid action fan, I enjoyed the first one better.

No comments: