Friday, December 23, 2005

Recent viewings

We've been watching movies again lately, and I realized that I have gotten out of the habit of posting about them. Sorry! The newest one is of course King Kong, which was very enjoyable, but still depressing. I was a little disappointed in Peter Jackson's directing -- he seemed to shoot it like it was another 3-part epic, but it's not. The special effects were very good however. I rate it a 6 overall. Not long before that, we finally watched The Notebook. This I also rate a 6, because although many scenes were enjoyable I found the story kind of predictable. The characters did not really draw me in to feel connected. Also, we saw Crash recently. Justin put it best -- it was an attempt to remake Magnolia that falls short. This one also gets a 6. Again, there were some scenes that I particularly enjoyed. But the various connecting stories don't really take you anywhere and you don't feel like there has been any arc in the end. Lastly, we've starting watching the TV series "Alias". We're in the middle of season 1 and enjoying it so far. It is so much better when you can sit down and watch all the episodes without commercials and waiting a week inbetween. So what if we have to start watching 4 or 5 years later?

No comments: