Thursday, March 02, 2006

Getting in over my head?

As the trip to the Grand Canyon approaches, I have been thinking about how in shape I am, and if I'm ready to do the all-day walk. I try to go on walks around the neighborhood, but it is hard for me because I am so picky about the weather. Of course, we have an elliptical machine inside that I can use when the weather is prohibitive, however, you know how easy it is to find something else to do. Well, yesterday at work they found something else to inspire me to seriously get my act together. I signed up for the Kansas City Corporate Challenge. And boy did I sign up! I think I've put my name down for so many things that I may later regret: raquetball, soccer, volleyball, pool, and bowling. Most of these are things that I have done at one time or another, but none of them recently. So the fear of publicly humiliating myself in front of my coworkers is now my motivation to get my body into shape. We'll see how well it works. Stay tuned -- the events are not until May, but I will try to post updates on my "training" as it gets closer.

No comments: