Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Here we go again...

Well, it turns out that if you've had a kidney stone before and start to have similar pain, you probably should believe that you're having one again and go in to the doctor just in case. I experienced some extreme symptoms last Monday (10/30), but was able to manage it will just over-the-counter pain reliever and drinking lots of fluids. By Tuesday, most of the pain was gone. Yet some lingering aches bothered me the rest of the week until finally this Monday (11/6) I got a 102.8 fever. Justin took me back to the hospital yesterday and the poor guy had to wait with me there from 10:00am until 5:30pm. After several blood tests, some urine samples, and a CT, they still couldn't tell me for sure what the problem is. Obviously, there is an infection of some sort evidenced by the fever and elevated white blood cells. But the scan did not show another kidney stone, only some slight inflammation. Anyway, I am home from work again today. Drugged up to the gills and on antibiotics. Wish me luck.

No comments: