Monday, May 05, 2008

A great Challenge update

Well, it seems that all my nervousness was for naught, because my partner and I came in first place this weekend at the Corporate Challenge Disc Golf competition. Most of the women there had either never played before, or played very little. Our score was 11 strokes ahead of second place in our division. Out of all divisions, there was only one other team that scored 3 less than us, and two other teams that tied our score. The best part is that my partner had a lot of fun and has promised to buy her own discs and keep playing. I love brining in new people to this fun sport! Which reminds me, if anyone wants to play sometime, please let me know. I had almost forgotten how much fun I have throwing a disc around in a park.

Oh, and I should also remark that the two "volunteers" I rounded up for the men's team also did very well. They ended up tying for third place. This puts our company ahead in our division for the overall competition after only 3 events. I hope we can keep up the pace.

I may be playing pool next on May 14th, but I'm hoping to find a substitute. After that, it's on to racquetball and soccer in June. Keep wishing me luck!

No comments: