Friday, December 21, 2007

Feast Number One

Well, the Feast went on holiday today, so I thought I would start with the first.

Appetizer
What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
I have to wake up so much earlier than I want to. During the week, it ranges from 6:00am to 7:30am depending on how bad I feel and how late I was up the night before. I'm lucky that I'm not expected at the office at a specific time every day.

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.
Hmm.... I don't go that often but I did just a couple weeks ago. I usually shop at Hy-Vee for real groceries, and last time I got kale, squash, zuccini and apples.

Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?
Wasn't the last Harry Potter book this year? I did "read" that by listening to the audio book. I'm also in the middle of the series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I wouldn't really call either one a "favorite", but they are enjoyable.

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?
I don't really think about elegance very much; it's not something that usually interests me. So then I had to look it up in Wikipedia and I decided that Justin embodies this ideal more than anyone I know.

Dessert
Who taught you how to drive?
My Dad taught me most of it, including the best part of how to use a stick-shift. But I also went to a Driver's Education class where I learned all the official rules. In the end, I still can't parallel park.

No comments: