Friday, December 04, 2009

First Challenge Complete!

So, I have mentally been prepping myself to post my 'complete' announcement this Friday. Then this morning, as I am writing down my exercise numbers, I notice that today is actually day 31! Somewhere along the line, I miscounted and have successfully exercised for at least 5 minutes every morning for 31 days in a row. I'm actually very happy that that I lost count and was still able to stick with it.

Of course, the long term goal is to keep this up indefinitely to make it habit-forming. But with the first 30 day challenge met, it is time to move on to stage two -- I've decided my next challenge will be to eat slower. I still haven't quite determined exact measurements for this, but in general I am going to try to do the following:

  • chew every bite thoroughly
  • rest my hand/utensil more often
  • drink more inbetween bites
  • enjoy my food more deliberately

As before, I will be posting updates to keep my progress 'public'. Feel free to ask me about it, give suggestions, or slow me down when you see me eating. Today is day 1.

No comments: