Friday, December 18, 2009

Usual holiday blahs

Every year by early November, I am psyching myself up for the holidays. Usually, I am finishing up my Christmas shopping (I try to be done before Thanksgiving) and trying to get into some kind of shape to be ready for all the food. Yet despite all my supposed planning and preparation, every year around late December I am scrambling for some last minute gifts and moaning about a few extra pounds I've put on. This year is no different even though I am trying my best to stay positive. I have kept up with the daily exercise routine and I'm making a little progress on the slow eating front, but yet I still find myself stressed, frazzled, and overwhelmed with too much food and things to get done.

Somehow, I plan to make next year different. My goal is to keep up with the 30 day challenges and slowly improve my life one aspect at a time. Somehow, I will make it through the holidays with my head held high and my spirits light.

Until that time, please send your best wishes to my husband, so that he can survive my tantrums and melt-downs in the meantime.

No comments: