Sunday, November 06, 2005

Day 4 This day we docked at Saint Maartin, in Phillipsburg (I think), which is on the Dutch side. We didn't have any excursions planned so the idea was just to walk around along the beach. Of course, being the early risers that we are, we were one of the few people off the boat around 7:00am. Thus, all the street hagglers were free to harass us with their excellent shopping opportunities, or taxi rides, or beach chairs, or jet skis. Despite the interference, we did walk all the way up and down the beach and I took a few pictures. But I wasn't enjoying the surf so much, because I didn't have a swimsuit on. So we went back to the boat, napped, ate lunch, changed, and then came back to the beach. This time, with more people out, it was easier to avoid the hagglers. We played around in the water for over an hour, then walked back to boat and showered for dinner. I played cards with my family while Justin worked on homework before bed. Here is a shot I took while on the beach of Justin looking off to the ships. The one on the right is actually the Royal Carribean Explorer of the Seas, which is the ship we were on two years ago. Next to it on the left (cut in half in this picture), is our current ship, the Carnival Glory. Posted by Picasa

No comments: