Sunday, November 06, 2005

Day 6 Yet another "fun" day at sea, according to Carnival. Actually, I did enjoy this relaxing day before the end of the cruise. I basically laid around a did a lot of reading, while Justin attended some more Home Theatre seminars. After lunch, I joined Justin for the panel discussion about Blue-ray versus HD DVD formats, which turned out be very informative. (I am hoping that HD DVD wins out, even if it has fewer Hollywood studios behind it.) Then the family played another round of Progressive and I won!! After a quick dinner, Justin and I attended the Home Theatre end party and auction for the Elf Foundation (they put theatres in children's wings of hospitals). We watched $45,500 of stuff get bid on, most of which was more than $1,000 a piece. It was a very interesting experience. Finally, we packed to get ready for the big day of travel coming up. Here is a picture of the family playing cards. Posted by Picasa
Day 7 I finally had breakfast in the sit-down dining room on the last morning, since they started serving at a reasonable hour (6:30am). The eggs benedict was awesome. After that we basically started the debarkation, which is waiting in a bunch of lines. Then we waited for our bus to the airport. Then we waited to get on the plane. Then we flew. Then we picked up luggage and drove home. And then we changed to go look at the status of the house. The deck and driveway were finished, but still no sod. We feel comfortable with closing tomorrow. I should be able to post more pictures once we actually start moving. Whew! I think that's enough for now

No comments: