Friday, April 08, 2005

Just another movie

Watched Sin City last night -- rated it a 7. That is sort of a preliminary rating, as I want to see it again sometime to be sure. You see it is a mixture of very good things and very bad things and it's hard to find out which weighs more. I mean the visualistic style is of course amazing. The characters are interesting, but not overly deep. It definitely feels like a comic book on the screen more so than anything I've seen to date. However, the dialog is also just like a comic book -- which was cute at first, but then got really old, and eventually seemed strange coming out of actors' mouths. And of course, the setting is pretty dark, which leads to some depressing stories and kind of a 'down' feeling at the end. But the visuals.... I mean, it reminds me of Hero for the impact and stunningness..... yet on the dark side. It is definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Just make sure you have something happy to do afterwards. ;)

No comments: