Thursday, July 12, 2007

More than meets the eye?

I went and saw Transformers last night. Originally, I didn't think much of this movie mostly because of the fact that Michael Bay directed it, but I heard from several people that it was pretty good and the rumor mill was that it exceeded expectations. So after watching it, I have to say I think my gut reaction was correct -- I'm only going to rate it a 5. Yes, there were some enjoyable scenes and it had aspects that I appreciated, but overall it still had the Michael Bay feel, and in the end I thought they were just trying to show off the special effects. Those effects were really good by the way but they didn't really enhance the experience for me. I mean, I really enjoy big action movies, but I want to be able to see the action, not keep squinting my eyes at a bunch of stuff blurring across the screen trying to figure out what in the heck is going on.

1 comment:

JT said...

Totally agree about the blurry action. That was annoying.