Friday, August 10, 2007

Sunshine

I saw Sunshine last night and am still unsure of how much I liked it. It has a very similar feel to 2001, but with more interesting characters and more recent technology. Yet the visual style was at times very compelling and at times very annoying. Although I respect a director that doesn't show everything right away -- i.e. keeps the monster/bad-guy off-camera for awhile -- there is a point at which I am ready to finally SEE everything, even in gory detail. With this movie, I was disappointed because there never was the big "reveal" in the end. Yet, I'm such a Science Fiction fan, I'll probably watch it again and may even end up buying the movie because I enjoyed the story. Thus, we come to a final rating of 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.