Wednesday, October 28, 2009

30/5 Challenge: First snag

I'm half-way through my first challenge and still doing pretty well. I encountered a small snag this week however. You see, as a wimpy female, when my exercise routine calls for push-ups, I do them from the knee instead of on your toes. (As an aside, I was hoping that after the first 30 days I might be able to switch to regular toe push-ups once I've built up a little arm strength.) Knee push-ups still involve balance and arm strength and in my opinion, are a good stepping stone for beginners like me.

Anyway, things have been going along fine until this week when I inadvertently injured myself. I won't go into the details now, but basically I wasn't paying close attention to where I was walking and ended up falling onto my knees on concrete. Just like many an adventerous child, I ended up with a scrape on my knee caps and some serious bruises. Most of the time, I don't even remember that there is anything wrong. At least not until I try to get on my knees and do push-ups. Needless to say, the push-ups have had to come out of the exercise routine for a few days now. I got a couple done this morning before I moaned and gave up. I even tried a toe push-up, but my arms aren't quite ready for that yet.

Despite this small hiccup in my planned routine, I am still doing exercises every morning. After fifteen days, I think I just might make it. :)

No comments: