Friday, March 03, 2006

More mediocre movies

So it seems like Justin and I haven't really missed much on the movie front by not having a theatre for nearly the last two years. We've been watching again -- trying to catch up on lost ground -- and I am still very unimpressed. I was hopeful with some recent picks, starting with Flightplan. I mean, anything with Jodie has to be better than expected, right? Yes, it did have a few things that I thought were done well, but overall the big plot holes and hollywood-esque scenes left me very unsatisfied. I'm rating it a 4. So then last night, we tried Proof. I was hoping for some interesting math, like in A Beautiful Mind, or even some cool intelligent banter like in Good Will Hunting. Alas, that was not the case. However, the story was somewhat interesting and I didn't fall asleep. I'm rating this one a 5.

No comments: