Monday, October 22, 2007

My sister's wedding

Okay, so I am finally posting some follow-up to my sister's wedding. By the way, it was beautiful and a lot of fun; and I'm really glad it's over. I love it though when extended family has an "excuse" to get together and have some fun, which we did. The only thing I really regret is that I kept forgetting my camera. As the Maid of Honor, I was so focused on making sure my sister had a great time that I forgot a few things for myself. Which means that I have no personal photos to share. Luckily, many family members have shared with me, so now I can finally post a few.

A nice picture my uncle took of my sister modeling her dress for the rest of the family a few days before the big event. My sister-in-law is in the background wearing her bride's maid's dress.

The biggest draw-back for the entire event was the fact that my father's knee got an infection three days before the wedding. He had replacement knees put in this February and the left leg caught an infection in April. Apparently, the antibiotics and clean-out procedure weren't enough because it swelled up again in September and put my father in a lot of pain. The doctors immediately wanted to take the replacement knee in that leg out, so that the body could try to remove the infection without a foreign object in place -- However, with the wedding just days away no one in the family wanted to go through that so soon. So we convinced the doctor's to pump up my father full of antibiotics and pain-killers to get him through the big weekend. The only down-side was that he was in a wheelchair the entire time. Yet he managed to entertain himself and my grandfather.

The cane jousting was going on while us girls were tip-toeing through soft grass in high-heels to have our pictures taken.

We even managed to teach the photographer that our family doesn't say "cheese" or even "spaghetti" -- for our pictures, it's "LASAGNA!"

During the actual ceremony, instead of doing a typic unity candle lighting, my sister and her fiancee chose to do a sand pooring thing. They had two vases with different colored sands that was then "united".

This next picture is one of my favorites -- the couple at the end when they are announced as "Mr. and Mrs.".

The reception was fun and the food was actually very good. Here is a picture of their mad-hatter style cake.

And yes, there was dancing; although it was mostly different line dances that I didn't quite know and as you can see, mostly just us women who were doing the dancing.

No comments: