Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Thanksgiving

And now for an as-usual-belated-after-trip report on our visit to Virginia for Thanksgiving. It was enjoyable and mostly relaxing, but too short to get the full effect. I didn't take many pictures, but I can share a few images.

Here is my grandfather doing his expert duty of carving the turkey.

Everyone at the table say, "Happy Thanksgiving Pam and Michael!"

After the big meal, several of us went for a walk so we could "make room" for the dessert. I tried to take some snap-shots along the way, but my uncle's leaf-throwing skills were no match for me.

As we headed back to house at the end of the walk, we noticed the large pile of bags that we had worked so hard to rake earlier in the day. Someone had the nerve to say, "Let's see who can guess how many there are?"

Since no one knew the final count for sure at first, we had to spend several minutes re-arranging and counting.


By the way, I think the answer was 52, but my memory isn't what it once was so don't quote me on that.

The next day we made a trip to Great Falls national park to try and do some fun hiking. The cold ended up defeating our spirits, but there were a few nice pictures nonetheless.



No comments: