Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's a four-letter word

I've decided it's time to get serious about one of my New Year's Resolutions. I mentioned earlier that I was making acceptable progress, but since then I have been stuck. The up-side is that I'm not gaining. However, I'm not losing like I want to either.

That means it's time to make some *real* sacrifices. For the month of March, I am going to cut way back on going out for lunch and eat homemade meals. This will be difficult because a big part of my personal stress-management is being able to laugh and talk with coworkers at lunch while away from the office. So I'm going to try and just go home so that I will still be away from the office, but I won't have as much social interaction. Of course, I won't have the temptation to eat lots of bad food either.

So three and a half more weeks to go. We'll see how far that gets me before I decide if I can give up the sacrifice, or get even more brutal with myself.

No comments: