Thursday, March 29, 2007

Updated Review

Well, I got to see 300 again with Justin recently. I am finalizing my score at 8. Upon second viewing (and discussion with Justin), I realized that there isn't anything really new and exciting about this movie other than the visual style. The story has a lot of expected outcomes to it. This doesn't bother me too much because it is based on history, and the truth is, this is the kind of movie that I really enjoy -- big action, decent fight scenes, interspersed with just a touch of drama and maybe romance. There were the obligatory sex and Hollywood scenes, but I don't they detract from the better half of the movie. Although I realize this will probably not get into my top 10 favorite movies of all time, it is still one that I will buy to own and watch several times.

No comments: