Thursday, March 22, 2007

Not too late to be a hero

Those of you paying attention might notice I'm running out of time this week to post a poem. The really sad thing is that I had picked out a poem to write about on Monday night, but since then I kept forgetting to actually *write* the post. Ah, the follies of a busy, stressful, life.

Anyway, this week we have some uplifting verses from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, A Psalm of Life. My first reading was a quick skim and I thought, "Oh, old and boooorrrring". Luckily, the book I've been reading includes comments from fans and what one person said made me go back and view this one more seriously. So if you're thought the same thing when you linked over to look at it, then take a deep breath ...pause..., and read this one ALOUD. The words carry more impact when carried by the voice.

So I'm going to be up and doing.... ciao!

1 comment:

Sandra Ayers said...

Wow. I really like your poem this week, because it's a call to action... a call to live and to be. And something about that really strikes a cord with me. I'm glad you got this post up. ;)