Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
How much money do you plan to spend this upcoming holiday season?
A *LOT* less than usual. Most family members all agreed that it has been a tough year financially this year, so we are just giving "thoughtful" gifts or just visiting. It feels a little strange because I really enjoy shopping and buying things for other people, but at the same time it's kind of a relief, because we are "feeling the pinch" this fall. It'll be interesting to see how everyone feels after the holidays and what we decide to do for next year.

Soup
What was the last television show you watched, and was it good?
I think the most recent one I watched was the latest episode of Boston Legal. Like most of the shows I've been watching, it just isn't as good this year. I'm considering not watching anything anymore. Well, that is, until Sarah Conner Chronicles starts in January.

Salad
If you had to paint the walls of your living room tomorrow, what color would you choose?
I would paint over the same color we have now, Sherwin-Williams "retreat", a warm forest green color that has really grown on me.

Main Course
Name something clever or practical you have thought of that should be invented, but hasn't yet.
I guess I'm not the creative one, because nothing comes to mind that *I* actually thought of. Rather, I immediately think first of my sister's blucumber -- a cucumber that is blue to add the one missing color to your salad. Then I think of Justin's meatball-maker -- a panini-like grill with divots that will auto-shape ground beef into little balls and cook it evenly all around.

Dessert
List 3 things you would like to receive as gifts this upcoming holiday season.
Well, since I mentioned above that I am not expecting anything, the best gift would be a cheery attitude and lots of time to play games. However, if someone won the lottery or a group of you got together to get me my dream gift this year, it would be a FlipStart, an ultra-mobile micro-PC.

No comments: