Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Injury Report

Those of you who know me very well were probably expecting a post like this very soon after my Corporate Challenge announcement. So yes, I have encountered my first injury. Luckily, it's not the knees or ankles -- but just a pulled muscle. Well, both my quads actually. Evidently, I can't just get up and run around without preamble like I used to. I now have to respect my age and actually warm up and stretch appropriately first. The worst part about it was having to watch from the sidelines while my team struggled without enough players. As I have hobbled around and iced my thighs these last couple of days, I have become very determined not to let that happen again. It's one thing to injure yourself while actually participating in the game. It's another thing to run on to the field and then collapse before your feet have even touched the ball. Anyway, there is no update on the other sports yet. Justin and I went on a quick trip to Dallas over the weekend and played a little racquetball at a *proper* Ballys (one with courts). It was a lot of fun, but I discovered that my skills are extremely rusty and there is no way I could represent my company without a lot more practice. And since there are no easily available courts in town, I don't really see that happening. I guess that it's for now. Stayed tuned for more middle-aged-geek-trying-to-do-sports madness!

No comments: